Region 6 Student Scholarship
Friday, June 14, 2019
The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State, Region 6 has established a Scholarship for Nurse Practitioner students registered in a Masters or Doctoral Nurse Practitioner Program who are NPA members.
The 2020 Scholarship Award covers the cost of:
- 3-day registration (Fri-Sat-Sun) at the 35th Annual NPA NYS Conference Oct 19-20, 2019
- 2 night (Fri-Sat) stay at the Hotel
- $100 for travel expenses
Applications will be accepted from nurse practitioner students who live or practice in the Region 6 area who meet the following criteria:
1. Must be an NPA member for at least 3 months minimum.
2. Applicants must have completed at least 2 semesters of an accredited Master’s or Doctoral Nurse Practitioner Program.
3. Must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
4. Reflecting on the history of the NPA and its many accomplishments, write a 500 word essay which describes how you will build on this legacy in your practice to move the profession forward.
Scholarship Application Process: Submit an application packet that includes:
1. Scholarship Application Form - click here to download
2. A typewritten essay as indicated above.
3. A copy of your most recent transcript.
All documents must be emailed by midnight of August 1, 2019. Please email entire submission to Dorothy Grasso firstname.lastname@example.org