Capital Day, Tuesday, March 5, 2019 in Albany, NY
Join your colleagues across New York State, meet with your legislators in Albany, and discuss the legislative priorities of The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State for 2019.
Registration will close on February 12, 2019 to allow time for the legislative visits to be scheduled.
NPA Members - $25
Walk-in registrations will not be accepted.
Cancellation: Cancellation must be submitted in writing to info@TheNPA.org. A $15 administrative fee will be charged if you cancel on or before February 12, 2019. After February 12, 2019 no refunds will be issued.
Morning check-in will begin at 7:30 am. A light continental breakfast will be provided. A brief program from our Government Relations Team will be presented (tentative start time 8:30 am). Following the morning presentation a group photo will be taken and then you will depart for your scheduled legislative visits. The visits will be scheduled for you. PLEASE DO NOT schedule your own visits.
The morning program will be held at the Albany Hilton, 40 Lodge Street, Albany, NY. After the morning meeting you will walk up the hill to the Capitol Building for the scheduled legislative visits.
You are responsible for securing any overnight lodging that is needed.
Important Items to Note:
- Dress professionally for the day and wear comfortable shoes. There will be a lot of walking.
- Bring a white lab coat to wear for the group photo.
- Bring business cards to leave after each visit, if you have them.
- All attendees will be making legislative visits in designated teams - primarily organized by your address. These visits have been already scheduled and you do not need to set up any appointments on your own.
- Each team has a designated, "Team Leader", who has already agreed to help organize each team and guide the visits.
- Please note that you may not always be visiting your Legislator who represents your address. In order to accommodate the large group of attendees, some individuals will be visiting with other Legislators.
- Also, you may not meet the actual Legislator. There are times that you may meet with the Legislator's staff member in addition to or in lieu of your Legislator. A Legislator's staff may actually be more aware of the issues we are presenting and has the ability to properly advise the Legislator.