Capital Day, Tuesday, March 5, 2019 in Albany, NY
Morning check-in will begin at 8:00 am. A light continental breakfast will be provided. A brief program from our Government Relations Team will be presented (tentative start time 9:00 am). Following the morning presentation, a group photo will be taken and then you will depart for your scheduled legislative visits. The visits will be scheduled for you. PLEASE DO NOT schedule your own visits.
The morning program will be held in the Hudson Ballroom at the Albany Hilton, 40 Lodge Street, Albany, NY. After the morning meeting you will walk up the hill to the Capitol Building for the scheduled legislative visits.
Team Visits Matrix - will be in your packet when you arrive
Important Items to Note:
- Dress professionally for the day and wear comfortable shoes. There will be a lot of walking.
- Bring a white lab coat to wear for the group photo.
- Bring business cards to leave after each visit, if you have them.
- All attendees will be making legislative visits in designated teams - primarily organized by your address. These visits have been already scheduled and you do not need to set up any appointments on your own.
- Each team has a designated, "Team Leader", who has already agreed to help organize each team and guide the visits.
- Please note that you may not always be visiting your Legislator who represents your address. In order to accommodate the large group of attendees, some individuals will be visiting with other Legislators.
- Also, you may not meet the actual Legislator. There are times that you may meet with the Legislator's staff member in addition to or in lieu of your Legislator. A Legislator's staff may actually be more aware of the issues we are presenting and has the ability to properly advise the Legislator.
Walk-in registrations will not be accepted.
You are responsible for securing any overnight lodging that is needed as well as making your own transportation arrangements.
We are still working on selecting team leaders for each group. The team leader will ensure that the assigned group gathers together prior to the scheduled legislative meetings. As the leader, you would begin with introducing yourself and then each member of the group can introduce themselves to the legislator or the staff person. Once the introductions are made, you would then begin the conversation asking for support of our bills. All team leaders and members assigned to your group will be provided with talking points to help assist with this conversation. Talking points will be emailed to you in advance of Capital Day.
Cancellation must be submitted in writing to info@TheNPA.org
. After February 12, 2019 no refunds will be issued.