The NPA is seeking poster abstract submissions for our 36th Annual Conference that will be held from October 14 - October 18, 2020 at the Saratoga Hilton, Saratoga Springs, NY.
Poster submissions will be accepted until September 6, 2020. No poster submissions will be accepted after that date.
Poster Abstracts can be submitted for:
- Completed research or research in progress
- Methodological papers, or theoretical perspectives for research design
- Administration, education, informatics, ethics, basic science, or clinical research
- Evidence-based practices and best practices
Who should submit:
- Students of NP, PhD and DNP programs – students may want to work with their faculty advisors in preparing the poster
- Practicing nurse practitioners
Individuals may submit up to 2 abstracts.
1). The primary author for the poster abstract submission must be a current member of The NPA.
2). The primary author must register and attend the annual conference for at least 1 day, with Friday as the required day of attendance.
- In the event that the primary author is unable to register and attend the annual conference, then another contributing author must register and attend the annual conference for at least 1 day, with Friday as the required day of attendance.
3). The author(s) will need to be stationed near the poster during specific times in the designated area of the conference. Details will be outlined in the acceptance letter.
Please note: All authors (primary and additional) who plan to participate at the annual conference, must be registered and pay the applicable registration fee(s).
- All posters will be displayed in paper format, not electronically.
- Authors will not present their poster(s) in a session, but need to be stationed near the poster during the designated times to answer questions from conference participants.
- Poster size should not exceed 36” wide by 36” high.
- All posters need to be mounted on a solid board (i.e. foam board, etc.).
- Suggestion: To make it easier to transport the poster you may want to consider purchasing a tri-fold foam board from Staples, Office, Max, etc., and then clipping your poster to the foam board upon arrival.
- Please Note: The NPA will provide the easel for your poster, but you are responsible from mounting the poster and/or bringing all the supplies required for displaying your poster.
Submission of Poster Abstract:
Poster abstracts must be submitted using the online form. Mail or fax abstracts will not be accepted.
Committee Review and Notification:
Each poster abstract submission will be reviewed by the Conference Committee. The primary contact person will be notified by email of the committee’s decision.
Conference Discount for Approved Poster Abstracts:
A $50 discount will be given to all primary and additional authors for approved poster abstracts to reduce the conference registration fee. A promo code will be provided in the acceptance letter. If authors submit more than one (1) poster that is accepted, only one discount of $50 will be applied.
For additional information or questions:
Please contact Sue Hubbard at shubbard@TheNPA.org.
Poster Submission Guidelines: This information will need to be completed on the form below.
- Author name and contact information as well as any additional authors (if applicable)
- Title of Poster
to three learner objectives (i.e. measurable outcomes that complete the
sentence, “The learner will be able to…” each limited to 25 words or
- All proposals must include the following information:
- The purpose or rationale
- The background and significance
- Methods and data
- Major outcomes
- Conclusions and implications