NPA Community Calendar
- To view a complete listing of events, meetings, webinars, etc. click here.
- Recorded NPA 36th Annual Conference Webinar: Stronger Together by Staying Apart - click here to see details
- May 22, 2021 - One Day Conference - Saratoga Springs, NY
- September 29 - October 3, 2021 - The NPA 37th Annual Conference - Niagara Falls, NY
- October 28, 2020 - Building Pathways in Pain Management: Osteoarthritis and Chronic Low Back Pain - Speaker Wendy Wright, DNP, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, FNAP - click here to register
- November 17, 2020 - Influenza Immunizations During the COVID Pandemic - Speaker Mary Koslap-Petraco, DNP, PPCNP-BC, CPNP, FAANP - click here to register
- December 8, 2020 - Stressed or Stressed Out? The Neurobiology of Anxiety - Speaker Grace Wlasowicz,, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC - click here to register
Transition to NP Practice
This webinar provides information to Student NP or newly graduated NPs on what they need to know as they transition from a student to a practicing NP. Click here for details.
Prescriptions and Record Keeping Course
- This course is required for all nurse
practitioners and midwives who have completed their education outside of
New York State. This course includes the NYS DOH I-STOP program and
information on electronically transmitted prescriptions. This course is
designed to familiarize nurse practitioners and midwives with New York
laws that govern prescribing and record keeping. Click here for details.
NPA non-CE Webinars
- Structural Racism is a Public Health Crisis: What can Advanced Practice Nurses Do - click here to listen to recorded webinar - The NPA in conjunction with The S.D.F Group, LLC, Greater NYC Black Nurses Association and National Association of Hispanic Nurses, New York Chapter held this webinar on June 24, 2020.
Advanced Practice Education Associates (APEA)
members will receive a 10% discount off of select products. For 20
years, APEA has provided NP certification review and preparation
resources, as well as continuing education. Click here. (Please note - NPA members are required to login to receive the discount code).
Fitzgerald Health Education Associates (FHEA)
NPA members receive a 15% discount on all items. If an item is already
on sale at a greater discount, members will, of course, receive that
higher discount. Click here. (Please note - NPA members are required to login to receive the discount information).
NYS Department of Health Medical Grand Rounds
- NYS Department of Health The Commissioner's Medical Grand Rounds offers an opportunity for healthcare professionals to hear from subject matter experts from both inside and outside the NYS Department of Health about issues relevant to the health of all New Yorkers. A goal of the program is for all New York State providers have access to timely and evidence-based information that can improve patient care, regardless of their practice setting. Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits are made available by the Albany School of Public Health to viewers of either live events or archived sessions up to three years after the event. We aim to encourage participation from providers all over the state of New York.
CDC Learning Connection
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers a variety of topics that provide continuing education credits. Click here.
Medical Marijuana Course
- The AnswerPage - meets NYSDOH educational requirement for the Medical Marijuana course. NPA Members can purchase the course at a discounted rate.