Nurse Practitioner of the Year Award
The NPA and Regions 1, 2, 5 and 7 all seek nominations for the Nurse Practitioner of the Year award.
All nominations received regardless of which Region will be considered a candidate for The NPA's NP of the Year award.
Due to the COVID-19 situation the nomination deadline has been extended to June 30, 2020. Online award nominations are open from January 15 -June 30, 2020. All nominations received regardless of which Region will be considered a candidate for The NPA's awards.
Criteria for nominating candidates for NP of the Year:
An individual who is a current member of The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State for at least one (1) consecutive year (member must have joined or renewed on or before January 15, 2019) and who is eligible for certification to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State, and who meets one (1) or more of the following criteria below:
- Demonstrated contribution to the advancement of Nurse Practitioners through excellence in clinical practice.
- Volunteer/Community service that exemplifies the profession at either the local, state, national and/or inter-national levels.
- Research with relevance to NP clinical practice, education or public policy that has been published in a journal or textbook.
- Advancement and promotion of health services in under served areas of New York State.
- Active involvement with The NPA at the local/regional and/or state level that has resulted in a tangible impact and contribution to the mission of the Association.
- Promotion of the profession through outstanding leadership, mentoring, and/or education.
All nominees are required to submit a CV
to Sue Hubbard at shubbard@TheNPA.org
or the CV can be uploaded at the end of the form.
NP of the Year Award Recipients Honored:
Regions 1, 2, 5 and 7 will decide when the award recipient will be honored and what the recipient will receive.
The NPA Nurse Practitioner of the Year award recipient will be honored during the annual membership meeting on Saturday, October 17 at the Saratoga Hilton, Saratoga Springs, NY. The NPA Award recipient will receive The NPA's annual conference registration fee waived (excludes learning lab and meal fees) and three (3) night's stay at the conference venue.
Deadline for submission, June 30, 2020
Please complete all areas of the form below to nominate a individual for Nurse Practitioner of the Year.