Below are the approved poster submissions. All posters were reviewed by the conference committee. To view the poster, click on the poster title. (Posters are listed in the order in which they were received and approved.)
Authors: Bernadette E. Huvane, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC; Jhossilini Cardanas-Mori, MD; Linda Mitchelle, MD; Carolyn Genereux, LMSW
1. Identify reason for palliative care consult.
2. Identify quality indicators.
3. Identify outcomes of consultation.
Authors: Marisol Gallo Jalil, MSN, RN, NP-S & Connie Ryu, MSN, RN
1. Evaluate the efficacy of Botulinum Toxin on the reduction of muscle spasticity.
2. Evaluate the safety of Botulinum Toxin on adult patients with muscle spasticity.
3. Understand RN and NP role in the use of Botox injections on patients with muscular spasticity.
Author: Renee Robinson, MSN, FNP-C - Listen to video explaining the poster
1. Comprehend the attributes of patient engagement and components of the Preoperative Readiness: Engaging Our Patients (PREOP) protocol.
2. Understand how Johnson's (1999) self regulation theory of coping and Higgins (2017) patient engagement attributes guided the development, implementation and evaluation of PREOP.
3. Understand how incorporating PREOP supported patient engagement and readiness in this perioperative setting.
Authors: Tatum FitzGerald, MSN, RN, DNP'21; Chelsea Greene, MS, RN, DNP'21; Adena Bargad, PhD, MSN, CNM
1. Identify how the scope of practice has changed for APCs in New York following the passing of the Reproductive Health Act.
2. Assess the current landscape of abortion education and training in APC and medical school currcula nationwide.
3. Understand the deficit in abortion education and training and opportunities for inclusion of this content in programs moving forward.
Author: Yelitza Castanos, BSN, RN, NP-S - Listen to video explaining the poster
1. Identify screening tools specific to peri-menopause transition phase to assess vasomotor, depression symptom, and sexual function.
2. Identify clinical implications of the use of hormonal replacement therapy effects on peri-menopause women's quality of life.
Author: Micole Galapo-Goldstein, FNP-BC, IBCLC, LCCE
1. Describe how Northwell Health Visits, a replication of the Family Connects International model, connects mothers, infants and families to community resources.
2. Identify clients in need of referrals for co-morbid and new-onset conditions in order to support overall family safety and welfare.
3. Describe the significance of the role of the nurse practitioner in a home visitation program.
Author: Claire Barbee, DNP-S
1. Incorporate nutraceutical therapy in the management of prehypertension for individuals seeking non-pharmacological therapy.
2. Discuss with patients alternative approaches in the management of prehypertension, and state 1 hypertension, rather than no treatment.
3. Summarize evidence-based practices in the control of prehypertension and state 1 hypertension using nutraceutical therapy in addition to other therapies.
Authors: Molly Spilka, MS, RN, DNP-S; Kate Carlucci, MS, RN, Adena Bargad, PhD, CNM
1. Summarize validated screening tools for intimate partner violence (IPV).
2. Identify barriers to IPV screening in the primary care setting.
3. Identify best practices for advanced practice clinicians (APCs) regarding IPV screening and related services.
Author: Kelly Olcott, MSN, RN, DNP-S
1. Discuss the evidence on the efficacy of enhanced exercise programs that incorporate music-based multitask activities, virtual reality or proprioceptive training in order to reduce falls among the elderly.
2. Implement multi-task activities that not only improve muscle strength, balance, and gait among older patients, but also facilitate greater awareness of their surroundings so as to avoid obstacles and possible falls, making the exercises more applicable to real life.
3. Implementation of these types of programs should increase the rate of adherence to regular exercise in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Author: Sandra Shrago, BSN, RN, DNP-S
1. Define Post-ICU Syndrome and understand its prevalence in an ICU population.
2. Identify risk factors and mitigating factors of Post-ICU Syndrome.
3. Identify the nurse practitioner's role in identifying risk factors and implementing strategies to decrease the severity and long-term effects of Post-ICU Syndrome.
Authors: Anthony Havens, MSN, PMHNP; Patrick Higgens, MSN, PMHNP
1. Describe how tenets of evolutionary psychology apply to manifestations of their anxiety and depressive symptoms.
2. Discuss alternative strategies to mitigate emotional dysregulation using language derived from evolutionary psychological principles with other group member in and out of formal group contexts.
Author: Joseph Donovan, RN, MSN, PMHNP
1. Review the literature on the efficacy of BRX in the treatment of moderate to severe PPD.
2. Describe practical considerations that may present obstacles to the clinical use of BRX for PPD.
Author: Christine Galante, DNP, ANP-C
1. Analyze the Chronic Care Health Care Model.
2. Compare and contrast they dyad relationship between nurse practitioner and patient in self management, clinical decision support and clinical informatics.
3. Examine the results of this New York State and National pilot study exploration of the nurse practitioner perception of personal practice behaviors in shared decision making.
Author: Dania Munoz, MSN, RN, AGACNP
1. Determine barriers to HPV vaccination in black and Hispanic populations.
2. Describe interventions to increase vaccine uptake in black and Hispanic communities.
Author: Adrienne Ton, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, DNP-c
1. State the prevalence of chronic Hepatitis C and general barriers to primary care treatment in the United States.
2. Describe the screening guidelines and treatment options for chronic Hepatitis C in the primary care setting.
3. Understand the success and challenges of one federally qualified health center's initiative to integrating Hepatitis C treatment into primary care.
Author: Grace Manglet, PMHNP-BC
1. List 2 consequences of intimate partner violence.
2. List the name of the screening tool used for this study.
3. Evaluate the study and synthesize the concepts.
4. How to incorporate evidence-based tools like STaT questionnaire to improve clinical outcome for patients who are at risk for IPV, experienced IPV or presently experiencing IPV.
Author: Vivian Ruan, MSN, RN, CPNP
1. Identify barriers to HPV uptake in their own practice.
2. Identify ways to encourage HPV vaccine uptake in their own practice.