Student Nurse Practitioner of the Year Award
The NPA and Region 2 and Region 5 seek nominations for the Student Nurse Practitioner of the Year award.
All nominations received regardless of which Region will be considered a candidate for The NPA's Student NP of the Year award.
Online award nominations have been extended to June 30, 2020 due to the COVID-19 situation. Nominations received for Region 2 and Region 5 will also be considered a candidate for The NPA's Student NP of the Year award.
This award is presented to an NPA student member that exemplifies educational excellence both academically and clinically as well as an understanding of the role The NPA plays in a student's education.
Criteria for nominating candidates for Student NP of the Year:
- Currently is not licensed as a nurse practitioner
- Currently a student in a CCNE/NLN accredited NP program
- Current student member of The NPA for at least 3 months - students must have joined or renewed student membership on or before October 15, 2019 to qualify
- A cumulative GPA of at least a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated clinical excellence
Write an essay to include the following:
1. What role does The NPA play in a student's education?
2. Why is it important to maintain your professional membership in The NPA as a student and as you become a licensed NP?
3. If you were to receive the Student NP of the Year award, how do you see yourself giving back to the Association?
4. What activities as a student member have you been involved in at the local Group or Region level or at The NAP level? (i.e. attended local Group meeting, Region Teaching Day, Capital Day, NPA One Day Conference or NPA Annual Conference, etc.)
5. Have you taken advantage of any of the NPA member benefits? If yes, please explain how they helped you. If no, please explain what benefits would be helpful for you at the student level.
CV/Resume - it is preferable that NP student nominees submit their CV/Resume, but not required.
Please email essay and CV/Resume (if submitting) to Sue Hubbard at shubbard@TheNPA.org by the deadline date of June 30, 2020. If you have the student essay and/or their CV it can be uploaded at the end of the form.
Student NP of the Year Award Recipients Honored:
Region 2 and Region 5 will decide when the award recipient will be honored and what the recipient will receive.
The NPA Student Nurse Practitioner of the Year award recipient will be honored during the annual membership meeting on Saturday, October 17 at the Saratoga Hilton, Saratoga Springs, NY. The NPA Award recipient will receive The NPA's annual conference registration fee waived (excludes learning lab and meal fees) and one (1) night's stay at the conference venue.
Deadline for submission, June 30, 2020
Please complete all areas of the form below to nominate a individual for Student Nurse Practitioner of the Year.